Developmental baby massage
Developmental baby massage is a therapeutic, preventative and curative procedure. It can help babies with sleep, wind, colic, alleviate stiff or floppy joints and delays in development.
Baby massage consists also of mobilisations, movements and stretches. Developmental baby massage is recommended for children with special needs, a lag in infant development and learning difficulties by assisting development of skills such as rolling, sitting, crawling and walking.
Gymnastics are useful for babies because they need to learn to feel their bodies, to balance muscle tone, to distract body’s asymmetry and to learn various movements.
- Stimulates the circulatory, respiratory and gastrointestinal system.
- Improves immune system.
- Helps relieve discomfort from gas and colic and congestion.
- Aids in physical growth and development.
- Help muscle relaxation and joint flexibility.
- Improves an infant's sleep cycle.
- Relieves an infant of pain or discomfort it may be feeling associated with teething, congestion (chest or sinus), colic, or emotional stress.
- Increases oxygen and nutrient flow to the cells, increases circulation.
- It is a great way of strengthening your bond with your baby.
- It can help you become more confident with handling your baby and better at recognising her /his needs.