Pregnancy massage, or pre-natal massage, is specifically designed for expectant mothers. It is a soothing and relaxing massage.
This massage improves and supports the physiologic, structural, and emotional well-being of both mother and fetus.
Prenatal massage offers a wide range of benefits, which include the following:
- Eases backaches, headaches, shoulder and neck aches that may be caused by muscle tension and shifts in posture to accommodate increasing weight.
- Decreases pain in the pelvic/hip area.
- Alleviates muscle spasms, cramps associated with the stress of extra weight bearing, and physical changes that occur during pregnancy.
- Increases circulation.
- Improves digestion.
- Reduces fatigue and headaches.
- Improves skin elasticity that can help reduce stretch marks.
- Helps reduce swelling in such places as hands and lower legs.
- Promotes relaxation and deep breathing.
- Releases physical and emotional tension.
- Reduces stress and teaches the mother to relax.
- Helps stabilize hormone levels by lessening anxiety.
Please Note: It is strongly recommended that pregnant clients in their 1st trimester seek the advice of their physician before receiving pregnancy massage.