Developmental baby massage
Developmental baby massage is a therapeutic, preventative and curative procedure. It can help babies with sleep, wind, colic, alleviate stiff or floppy joints and delays in development.
The baby massage consists also of mobilisations, movements and stretches. Developmental baby massage is recommended for children with special needs, a lag in infant development and learning difficulties by assisting the development of skills such as rolling, sitting, crawling and walking.
Gymnastics are useful for babies because they need to learn to feel their bodies, to balance muscle tone, to distract body’s asymmetry and learn various movements.
– Stimulates the circulatory, respiratory and gastrointestinal systems.
– Improves immune system.
– Helps relieve discomfort from gas and colic and congestion.
– Aids in physical growth and development.
– Help muscle relaxation and joint flexibility.
– Improves an infant’s sleep cycle.
– Relieves an infant of pain or discomfort it may be feeling associated with teething, congestion (chest or sinus), colic, or emotional stress.
– Increases oxygen and nutrient flow to the cells, and increases circulation.
– It is a great way of strengthening your bond with your baby.
– It can help you become more confident with handling your baby and better at recognising her /his needs.
Physiotherapy is the use of natural and artificial physical factors to treat diseases and traumas. Physiotherapy procedures are applied in cases of various diseases: cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, respiratory system, joint and bone.
Physiotherapy procedures decrease inflammation and pain, relax or stimulate tense muscles in case of their weakness, improve blood permeability in the skin, hasten the healing of wounds and ulcers, improve cardiovascular function, gastrointestinal systems, etc.
Pregnancy massage, or pre-natal massage, is specifically designed for expectant mothers. It is a soothing and relaxing massage.
This massage improves and supports the physiologic, structural, and emotional well-being of both mother and fetus.
Prenatal massage offers a wide range of benefits, which include the following:
– Eases backaches, headaches, and shoulder and neck aches that may be caused by muscle tension and shifts in posture to accommodate the increasing weight.
– Decreases pain in the pelvic/hip area.
– Alleviates muscle spasms, cramps associated with the stress of extra weight bearing, and physical changes that occur during pregnancy.
– Increases circulation.
– Improves digestion.
– Reduces fatigue and headaches.
– Improves skin elasticity that can help reduce stretch marks.
– Helps reduce swelling in such places as hands and lower legs.
– Promotes relaxation and deep breathing.
– Releases physical and emotional tension.
– Reduces stress and teaches the mother to relax.
– Helps stabilize hormone levels by lessening anxiety.
Please Note: It is strongly recommended that pregnant clients in their 1st trimester seek the advice of their physician before receiving pregnancy massage.
Our partner clinic in Canning Town offers consultations with physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists, physiotherapy, pre-and post-natal exercises, therapeutic exercises and advanced massage therapy for babies and adults.